Thursday, October 18, 2012

Compact but not understated

Hello dear Blog readers,

Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely Fall weather and having some pumpkin spice lattes.
Today, I will talk about Media Units that are compact and small space/condo friendly.

The inspiration (and actually need) comes from my own new condo. My unit has one awkward living room wall wired with cable, so I have no choice (unless I spend a lot of $$$ in rewiring and dry-walling) but to sit the TV against that wall.

I am not a big fan of running cords around corners, so I am sticking to that wall, UNLIKE the previous owner had set it up in the image below.

The need for a "shorty" and narrow media unit comes from the fact that I want to fit the unit within the solid wall behind, without going over the glass panels:


So with a limit of 58" width, I went searching for a few options. So here are the top 3:

1- Blu dot's Dang Media


This 42" unit is super compact but also stylish. It comes with perforated steel door that allows you to utilize your remote without having to open the doors. This finish is in black but they also come in white and I love the brass handles :-) 

2- West Elm's Industrial Metal TV cart



It's very small at 30" wide, so not the best solution for Flat screen tv's that are over 28". The finish is metal and glass. And, as the names suggests,  it gives an industrial flair to your living/tv room and, therefore, making a statement.

3- Crate and Barrel's Seguro 42" Media Unit



Sturdy, masculine and organic!Made with reclaimed Brazilian Peroba wood with a random pattern of boards. It looks very dynamic. The sliding door conceals your media components and the ebony stained mahogany pulls and frame just seal the deal.

They all fit,  what to do!
Let me know what your favourite one is :-)

Theo Flamenbaum
- Style + Function + Love + You - 


1 comment:

  1. I like the Crate and Barrel Seguro unit best. It looks more like "real furniture" than do the other two, which look more industrial, unless that's the look you're going after.

    ReplyDelete